ALVERSON-L Archives

Archiver > ALVERSON > 1999-09 > 0936896688

From: "SKPearson" <>
Subject: [ALVERSON] PEARSON-ALVERSON
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 13:04:48 -0400

Hello Alverson researchers!

I am trying to discover the parents of my gr gr grandmother, Harriet Matilda
Pearson married to Jesse Alverson. In August 1870, Jesse, Matilda, and
children, Mary Emma, Frank, Ida, and Charles ("Gus"), were living near Gantt
Twp. Matilda Pearson died sometime after 1871, the birthdate of her last
child, and according to another researcher, Matilda is buried in an
unmarked grave on one side of Jesse at Washington Baptist Church Cemetery.
There was a Slab for a marker, but when the church cleared that section, all
the slabs were removed. James Frank Alverson's death certificate lists his
mothers name as Matilda Pearson, and she is called Harriet on son Gus
Alverson's death record. Thus her full name must have been Harriet Matilda.
Her parents have not been identified with certainty, but she and Jesse were
living near a Sarah Pearson in 1860. The 1850 Census shows a household
headed by Sarah Pearson, age 40, and containing the following persons: Mary,
age 21; William, age 20; Harriet, age 18; Mourning, age 12; Jefferson, age
14; an James, age 2. This may be Matilda's family. Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks, Steve Pearson.

This thread: