ALWILCOX-L Archives

Archiver > ALWILCOX > 1999-04 > 0923518716

From: Lygia Cutts <>
Subject: [ALWILCOX-L] Peavy Family
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 16:58:36 -0400

Hi!
I am not reseraching this family but thought I would pass this information
along to anyone that might be interested:

"History of Escambia County, Alabama" By Mrs. Annie C. Waters
pg. 580

1. Bartlett Peavy of Wilcox Co., Ala d near Atlanta in the Civil War,
leaving several children. Some of them migrated to Escambia co., ALa.
2. Charles Andrew Peavy b Sept 20, 1858 d Janu 17, 1927 served as first
principal of Escambia County High School at Atmore and later served as
County Superintendent of Education.
2. Rev. John R. Peavy, Methodist minister and presiding elder.
2. Julius Franklin Peavy, Sr. b Feb 8, 1861 d July 19, 1940, medical
doctor, res. Atmore, m 1st Lorena Foxworth. He acquired much real estate
and established the Atmore Drug Store. Children:
3. Dr. Julius Franklin Peavy, Jr. b Mar 14, 1886 d June 2, 1966
3. De Witt Thomason Peavy b Sept 17, 1887 d Mar 28, 1970, m. Ella Adams.

J.F. Sr, m 2nd Miss Alice Carney, dau of Wm. M. Carnery.
Children:
3. Marshall
3. Lawrence
3. Richard
3. Dudley
3. Charles

J.F. Peavy m 3rd Mrs. Alice Talmadge Reeves, widow of Nick Reeves. No
children.
Lygia Dawkins Cutts
881 Weaver Road
Brewton, AL 36426