AMERICAN-REVOLUTION-L Archives

Archiver > AMERICAN-REVOLUTION > 2008-05 > 1210191709

From: "Betty" <>
Subject: [AMERICAN-REVOLUTION] Seymour BURR, Mixed Marriage
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 16:21:49 -0400

Hello,

I was just looking on-line for more information on the Ponkapoag Tribe in
Canton, MA, and I came across this web page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seymour_Burr

I thought a few researchers might be interested in this man's life.

After he fought in the War, he came home to marry a woman from the Ponkapoag
Tribe, whose mother was Sarah MOHO / MOHHO. I am interested in an
Asa MOOHOO who married a twice-widowed lady, Mrs. Elizabeth (PICKETT)
(BANCROFT) TAYLOR in Middleton, MA. But, they are also associated with
Canton, MA, and the Ponkapoag Tribe.

While reading on-line about the Ponkapoag Tribe, I'm learning that there
were several "mixed marriages" in their tribe.

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

(on Lists for 7 years; now an Administrator of 7 Lists)

Remember to check the archives of all the Lists and Boards for your surnames
and place-names.
And, please remember to check the on-line auctions for for your surnames and
place-names.

This thread: