AMREV-HESSIANS-L Archives

Archiver > AMREV-HESSIANS > 2000-04 > 0956717862

From: "Francis T. Watters" <>
Subject: Re: [REV-HESSIANS] Adam Klein - Private, Hesse Hanau Chasseurs
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 22:57:42 -0400

Hi Gerry;

I was able to check into the St Philippe de Laprairie microfilm this
evening (aka St-François Régis in those days).

I was able to find the August 6, 1783 wedding, but there was no
wedding to be found on February 13, 1785, and none in February that
year where Klein was a witness.

On August 6, 1783 Jacques Henckel, s/o Henry Henckel and Marguerite
Rollin from Berghofen, Germany married Marie-Anne Roman, d/o François
Roman and Marie-Anne Payant. Klein was indeed one of the witnesses.
Although the priest wrote his name as Antoine Klein, he signed Johann
Adam Klein very clearly.

There were a couple of other entries that I found that I think I
should share with you:

First, there was a funeral (sépulture) of a Jean Baptiste Monet, who
died on January 7, 1785 with the funeral at St-Françopis Régis as it
was then called. Monet was 52 years old. The record does not give
the name of his wife, supposing that he had been married. Witnesses
at that funeral were Michel Lamarre, Pierre Poissant and Adam KLEIN.

I also found a couple of baptisms in 1783 where there was a Michael
Me

This thread: