ANDERSEN-L Archives

Archiver > ANDERSEN > 2001-10 > 1002003593

From: "Shelley Cardiel" <>
Subject: ANDERSEN Family Photograph Album
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 23:19:53 -0700

I've "rescued" an old photograph album containing both ANDERSEN and LONG
Family photographs. The album contains a total of 23 photographs including
the following which are identified:

#1 - Josie ANDERSEN, taken at the Gilmore Studio at 80 Court Street in
Binghamton, NY, probably in the 1870's or 1880's, Josie appears to be in
her late teens or 20's at the time

#2 -"Aunt Lou", taken at the same Gilmore Studio, probably in the 1870's or
1880's, subject appears to be in her 30's or 40's at the time

#3 -"Jack LONG's children", Claudie, Rubie, Charlie, and Goldie; location
unknown, probably in the 1870's, children appear to be between 5-12 years
of age

#4 -Frankie CLARK & Josie ANDERSEN, "Lois HINTON's Aunts", taken at the
Whitley Studio at 303 R.R. Ave in Elmira, New York, probably taken in the
1880's, both women appear in identical dresses with flower corsages, look
to be in their 20's

#5 -"Wanda", taken at the E. M. Van Aken Studio at 120 W. Water Street,
Elmira, New York, probably in the 1880's, Wanda appears to be about 40
years old

#6 -Jack LONG, taken at the same E.M. Van Aken Studio, probably in the
1880's and Jack appears to be in his 40's or 50's at the time

#7 -Faye LOGAN, taken at the Mrs. Kay Bryant Studio at 88 S. Illinois
Street in Indianapolis, Indiana, probably taken in the 1880's or 1890's and
Faye appears to be in her 40's or 50's at the time

#8 -Wilda NYE, and 2 unidentified females, location unknown, probably taken
in the 1880's or 1890's, Wilda appears to be in her 30's or 40's at the
time

#9 -W.A. MAY age 7 years; C.W. MAY; and L.C. MAY; location unknown,
probably taken in the 1880's, children appear to be between 3-6 years of
age at the time

Unidentified photographs included in the album are from:

Elmira, NY
Corning, NY
Binghamton, NY
Wolcott, NY

Additional names which appear throughout the album in "empty photo spots"
include:

Otis LOGAN + Faye LOGAN
Lee KITCHIN "Your Dad"
Frankie ANDERSEN

I'm hoping to find these families so that the album can be returned to its
rightful place with family. If you are a member of one of these families or
know someone who might be, please contact me.

Thanks,
Shelley

This thread: