ANDRUS-L Archives

Archiver > ANDRUS > 2002-02 > 1012881926

From: "Jennifer Andrus" <>
Subject: [ANDRUS] Edson ANDRUS - Syracruse New York 1803-1882
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 04:05:26 +0000

Hi Everybody,

I'm still looking for information on an Edson Andrus, born about 1803 in New
York. He was married twice, both times to women with the surname Wyman
(Wiman) They may or may not have been sisters. Edson immigrated to Canada
in the 1840's to Orono, Clarke twp, Durham County, Ontario. He was a
pumpmaker and was given credit for establishing the first steam driven saw
mill in New York State (according to the book "Out of the Mists" by Helen
Schmid")

He was living in Syracuse as some point.

Another note: There are a few unusual names that crop up in this line that I
have seen in other postings. The name Burton is common as well as the name
Weston. These may be surnames of women who had married into the family.

If anyone has ever come across this name, please let me know. I can't find
anything on him at all before he came to Canada. His death record says he
was born in New York State, and that is the extent of my knowledge. I don't
have access to american census records either. If you have come across him
in a census while doing your reserach, please tell me! I've seen so many
other postings for Andrus' in New York that I am sure there must be a
connection to one of them....

Thanks in advance,
Jenn ANDRUS