ANGUS-L Archives

Archiver > ANGUS > 1980-01 > 0315881488

From: "Gordon Troup" <>
Subject: [ANGUS] MUSTER ROLL OF ANGUS
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 1980 17:51:28 -0700

Hello Everyone
My thanks to Irene Pollands for supplying information on John P. Anderson
from the first edition of the Muster Roll. She was replying to another
query and although the information was of no use to that person, this John
P. Anderson is the brother of my Great Grandfather, James Anderson
1866-1942, Arbroath.
Irene's message contained the following information:
John P. Anderson, West Newgate, Arbroath; Lance-Corporal, Military Foot
Police--1893.
[There is also a picture of him, but no further details.]

Could the person with the second edition of the Muster Roll check it to see
if there is any additional information contained in it?
TIA
Gordon Troup

Researching
ORKNEY, Anne - dau of John Orkney/Jean Grant, Montrose b c 1776, m 1797
George ANDERSON, Arbroath, Dundee.
MUIR, James - shipmaster, Arbroath c 1743-1803
FERRIER, Charles - seaman, merchant service, Arbroath c 1770-1830
DINGWALL, Alexander - pilot, Dairsee, Carnbee, Fife 1729-30, Arbirlot 1734-?
PATERSON/McLEAN, GIBSON/MARTIN - Glamis c 1780-1850
ANDERSON, George 1798-1834 Shipowner, Arbroath; son, James Muir 1833-abt
1895, First Mate, merchant service, 2 Bank Street(1859-81), 39 West
Newgate(1890), Arbroat

This thread: