ANGUS-L Archives

Archiver > ANGUS > 2005-01 > 1106418276

Subject: Travelling people - tinsmiths - tinkers - hawkers
Date: 22 Jan 2005 11:24:37 -0700

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/JeC.2ACE/2485

Message Board Post:

I am researching my own family tree, but I am finding this very difficult because my ancestors are all from a traditional travelling background.

Mainly from the "golden triangle" North East of Scotland: Inverness - Aberdeen - Perth (although some came from Orkney, Shetland and the Lothian region also).

Usual common names (and spelling variations), Stewart, Higgins, Robertson, Townsley, White, McDonald, Hutchison, McPhee, Newlands, Croll, McArthur, Jamieson, Williamson etc...

I have a mountain of information to share - as I keep "hitting" the wrong names on the Scottish GRO Site. If they are not directly connected to me - are they connected to you?

If interested, drop me a line, and we may be able to swap details.

This thread: