ANGUS-L Archives

Archiver > ANGUS > 2012-11 > 1354157267

From: <>
Subject: Re: [ANGUS] Robert Teviotdale
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 13:47:47 +1100

Hello,

Looking at dates I have, could possibly be a window for one Robert Teviotdale being sent to prison for nine months by Arbroath Sheriff Court in May 1857.

Friends of Dundee City Archives - Howff Graveyard of Dundee.
Teviotdale, James. Burial 01 Aug 1850. Aged 8 months. Born Arbroath. Cause: Water in Head. Son of Robert Teviotdale, Heckler. Last known address: Dudhope Crescent, Dundee.

Adam Rait Teviotdale born 10 November 1851, Dundee (Nivard found in the 1861 census at 10 Guthrie HILL.

Friends of Dundee City Archives - Howff Graveyard of Dundee.
Teviotdale, Hannah. Burial 03 Feb 1855. Aged 8 months. New Howff, Dundee.
(Hannah was born Dundee 1854).

Ann Teviotdale born 1856 20 Hunter Street, Dundee. Father Robert Teviotdale being the informant. Deceased 1 October 1857 Guthrie HALL, Arbroath (HILL or HALL?). Mother Julia Teviotdale ms Raitt being the informant.

'one Robert Teviotdale being sent to prison for nine months by Arbroath Sheriff Court in May 1857'

<<<And in 1861
1861 Scotland Census about Robert Teristdale
Name: Robert Teristdale
Age: 35
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1826
Relationship: Head
Spouse's name : Julia Teristdale
Gender: Male
Where born: St Andrew, fifeshire
Registration number: 272
Registration district: Arbroath
Civil parish: St Vigeans
Town: Arbroath
County: Angus
Address: 10 Guthrie Hill
Occupation: Flaxdresser Overseer
ED: 26
Household schedule number: 100
Line: 6
Roll: CSSCT1861_36
Household Members:
Name Age
Robert Teristdale 35
Julia Teristdale 39 St Vigeans, Forfarshire
*Adam R Teristdale 9 Dundee, Forfarshire
Parish: St Vigeans; ED: 26; Page: 17; Line: 6; Roll: CSSCT1861_36.>>>

Robert Teviotdale/ all other spellings, was still living 1861... have been looking for his death, no luck, so far....

from Nivard:
I noticed there were a few possibles of your name in the Probate
Calendars on Ancestry, just in case you don't have them

Jane Teviotdale 1898 9 Jan 1898 Norwich, Norfolk, England
***David Wightman Teviotdale 1931 16 Jul 1931 Cardiganshire, Wales
Edward John Smythe Teviotdale 1935 29 Sep 1934 Suffolk, England
Elizabeth Fleming Teviotdale 1947 12 Mar 1943 USA
David Teviotdale 1946 15 Jan 1946 Cheshire, England
***Annie Teviotdale 1947 4 Jun 1947 Cardiganshire, Wales
William James Teviotdale 1949 12 Apr 1949 London, England
Alexander Stuart Teviotdale 1954 9 Mar 1954 Renfrewshire, Scotland
John Henry Teviotdale 1958 28 Oct 1957 Middlesex, England
Margaret Teviotdale 1957 19 Jun 1957 Northumberland, England
Lucy Maggie Teviotdale 1963 9 Mar 1963 Norwich
David Frederick Teviotdale 1966 10 Dec 1965 Essex, England
Helen Dishington Tevotdale 1891 7 Apr 1891

***David Wightman Teviotdale born 3 August 1873, Haddington, East Lothian, Scotland, son of Robert Carrie Teviotdale and Mary Ritchie Wightman.
***Annie Teviotdale, his wife, Annie Wright born Selkirk.

Lee Walmsley ms Wightman. Perth, West Australia.