ANSLEY-L Archives

Archiver > ANSLEY > 2011-02 > 1298763624

From: ansleybill <>
Subject: [ANSLEY] Ernest Lewis "Ernie" Ansley (19 JAN 1922 - 22 FEB 2011)
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 18:40:24 -0500

Dear Friends and Family,

It is with deep regret that I announce the passing of Ernest Lewis
"Ernie" Ansley of Oklahoma City, OK today at a Hospice facility
in Oklahoma City. Ernie entered Baptist Hospital Friday, Feb 18th with
double pneumonia. Then, on Saturday, Feb. 19th, he
suffered a massive heart attack. He was in ICU from then until
yesterday when he was transferred to a Hospice facility in Oklahoma City.
Ernie and Joy were scheduled to re-locate into Epworth Villas, a full
United Methodist Church retirement facility in Oklahoma City, on March
3rd. Joy will complete that move but will be delayed a week or so.

Ernie played such a large role in fostering the life and growth of the
Ansley Family Association over the years. He and Joy made many
trips to Thomson, GA for Ansley Reunions and in support of his efforts
to develop the Ansley Family Cemetery (near the Rock House).

A memorial service is being planned for Saturday, March 12th at their
United Methodist Church in Oklahoma City. I asked Joy about
memorials and she suggested that we Ansleys might want to contribute to
the Ansley Family Association in Ernie's memory. She also said
that some might prefer to contribute to the Thomson-McDuffie Historic
Museum or other Ansley-related causes. I can provide addresses for
those who would like that information.

Please inform your cousins who might not be members of this Ansley Forum.

Thank you and I pass Ernie's love of everything "Ansley" on to each of you.

Bill Ansley
Ansley List Administrator"

This thread: