ANTIGUA-L Archives

Archiver > ANTIGUA > 2009-07 > 1248018268

From: ,
Subject: Re: [ANTIGUA] Roberts and Samuels from Sweetes Village
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 15:44:28 -0000

Author: cmaynard410
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.caribbean.leeward.antigua/141.1.1.2.2.2.1.2.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

A really small world, huh? So, what is your name?
My name is Christine, but everyone calls me Chris.

Now, I've got some clarifications for you...

Sammy Roberts is not Johntye Roberts. They are two different people. Johntye lived in Vicarage, while Sammy lived in Swetes (East of Aarons Farm).

Sammy Roberts was married to Patience Roberts. Sammy Roberts had the following children - Salomie, Iyonie, Theodore (Theo), Sidney, David and James Roberts.

Sammy Roberts, Gideon Roberts and Iyota Roberts were siblings.

Johntye Roberts had two daughters (one in St. Croix, not sure of name), Roslyn (lives in England) and a son (not sure of his name). And, it seems that Johntye was more related to the Sawcolts Village Roberts.

Sammy Roberts' mother and my Great grandmother's (Henrietta Christian) mother were sisters.

Hope that helps.

By the way, do not know how the Roberts came to Antigua, but family members say that they have been in Antigua for several generations.

I've asked my dad and another family if they remember Julia Roberts, and they do, but it's not ringing a bell right now. So, tell me about your family.

I'll send you a link at the email to my family tree website. It will come from MyHeritage.com on my behalf.

Important Note: