APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 1999-04 > 0924051776

From: Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer <>
Subject: Time magazine article
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 21:02:56 -0400

The cover story in Time magazine on searching for your roots was pretty well
done. When I saw the cover, which seemed to imply that it's all on the
Internet, I started composing a mental letter saying that it's all very well
to find things on the 'Net, but you need to go to original documents, but
when I got to the article, I found that while the focus was the Internet,
they *did* say that, several times! The bibliography they gave of useful
books included only five titles, some specialized, and I would have liked to
have modified it, but in general it was a good article.

Christine

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Poughkeepsie, NY

This thread: