APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 1999-04 > 0924481982

From: Elizabeth Whitaker <>
Subject: Re: Strange inquiries
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 20:33:02 -0400

At 03:45 PM 4/17/99 -0500, Mic Barnette wrote:
[snip]
>Some people are so inconsiderate that they do not even sign their name to
>a request.
>
>I have received numerous email requests from others on the internet. The
>email is unsigned. The sender address of the person is 1234@ aol , or,
>prodigy or somewhere. They want something from me, but do not want me to
>know who they are.

That really bothers me, too. I will go to trouble over a reply from someone
who signs a real name and who asks a specific question than I will to
someone who doesn't sign their e-mail message with a real name. My
assumption is that anyone who can't use a real name in e-mail isn't capable
about being serious about anything.

Elizabeth Whitaker

This thread: