APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 1999-04 > 0925339835

From: <>
Subject: Re: Copyright issues
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 18:50:35 EDT

Congratulations on earning your CGRS!, Donald Moore!

In you response to your comment
<<Why can't APG, BCG, or some other representative organization come up with
a "genealogy release" form that would stipulate the conditions under which
research and lineage information can be shared under applicable copyright
laws? Both parties would be required to sign the form before any
information changes hands.>>

I'm not sure a particular "genealogy release" form is going to meet the needs
of all professionals. I place a "release" clause which meets my needs (using
examples in lectures, using reports to submit to the Board for Certification
upon renewal, etc.) within the contract which I ask new clients to sign.

Linda Woodward Geiger, CGRS, CGL

This thread: