APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2000-04 > 0956158111

From: "Eileen Polakoff" <>
Subject: [APG] Desmond Allen's surgery
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 11:28:31 -0400

Received this from Desmond today... send thoughts, prayers, jokes and cards.

Eileen

It's official - the tit goes. Friday. THIS coming Friday. Dr. Klimburg is
doing a mastectomy of my left breast (the one you got the .tif file of).
I'll be at UAMS in Little Rock for one night, then home. No reconstruction -
I'm opting for the new molded plastic job - they make a reproduction of the
remaining breast and invert it to make a copy. Cool, huh? If anyone wants a
copy, let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

I haven't called the funeral home yet about them cremating this breast and
keeping the ashes in a ziplock bag until the rest of me arrives. I'll let
you know what they say.

Think positive thoughts and continue to send those tasteless jokes.

Love, Desmond

Desmond Walls Allen
Arkansas Research, Inc.
PO Box 303