APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2000-11 > 0974088045

From: <>
Subject: Re: [APG] help on Paf
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 23:00:45 EST

Ms. Hofmeister,

I believe the most recent version of PAF for the Mac is 2.3.1. I still use it
for some things but had to buy FTM in order to open large GED files. I have
always thought about PAF as the family station wagon of genealogy programs.
It has been durable with a minimum of bells and whistles. I have sent pleas
and even called the PAF people begging them to release a PPC version.

The new G3 and G4 Macs (including Imac) equipped with enough memory can run a
Window emulator (software) that will allow you to run almost any Windows
program. There are also "PC" cards (hardware) that can be installed that will
do the same thing. My son has a large Mac and runs both systems with no major
difficulty.

Ralph Komives
Genealogy Document Searches
http://members.aol.com/RalphK/DocumentSearch.html
Free download: Extended Chronology of the Nineteenth Century (1743-1901)
Document Searches in Washington, D.C. Area and Annapolis, MD.
Problem searches a specialty.
Research at: DAR Library, National Archives, Library of Congress, MD State
Archives

<< Does anyone know if Mac users for PAF have any newer program or is it
still
2.0 Also if there isn't a newer PAF program can someone tell me if there is a
way for a Mac user to use the windows version?

Thank you!
Cindy Hofmeister
River Ridge First Ward
Family History Consultant