APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2001-02 > 0982614022

From: Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Laptops during research phase
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 15:20:22 -0500

At 09:16 AM 02/16/2001 -0500, Elissa Scalise Powell, CGRS wrote:
> [...]

You might be interested to know that this question comes up periodically,
from the other side, on the Archives e-mail list. Archivists have concerns
about use of laptops because they take up space, may disturb people working
next to the laptop user, and have the potential to want electricity if the
researcher doesn't have a battery available. As you can imagine, there are
archivists on both sides of the possibility of allowing or not allowing
their use in a repository.

Christine

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Hyde Park, NY