APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2002-05 > 1020702208

From: "Fredric Z. Saunders" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Problem finding sources used for info in the IGI
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 10:28:47 -0600

Buffys97 [] wrote:

>The "film number" for this entry is 6142788. I have been told that this is
>an inaccurate fiche number. When I try to learn what it is, I get the
>message, "No matching titles found." What now?

Buffy,

I assume you are checking this number through the on-line FHL catalog when you get this message? Have you had this number checked through the Family History Library Catalog in Salt Lake City? I recently had someone contact me on one of my own lines, getting the same response on FHL microfiche 6,142,807 [notice only 19 from yours] for an IGI entry on one of our ancestors. When I checked 6,142,807 at the main library, the source is: titled "Temple records for the dead from various temples microfiched in an unorderly manner and restricted: dummy records set up in order to take films off of Cataloging Inventory Summary sheet per DeeAnn Larsen, team leader."

As your microfiche is only 19 numbers different, I would suspect it is part of the same series. I was told there is no way to actually view the microfiche or the records from which they were taken. Even if there was, as they are temple records for the dead, the only thing that would be learned was at what temple and on whose behalf the work was done. There would be no sources.

Rick Saunders
http://genealogypro.com/fsaunders.html

This thread: