APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2003-02 > 1045096287

From: "Pam Cooper" <>
Subject: [APG] Florida State Library Update
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 19:31:27 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

New Updates - Be sure to hit Refresh
http://www.rootsweb.com/~flsgs/statelib.html

I have added the following:
Statement on the Division of Historical Resources - Very important - please
read.

Approximately 10 new supporters from the Senate and the House
Please check the list to see if I missed one that contacted you in support
of saving the State Library. We want to add all legislators who have spoken
out to help us. I would also urge you to send each one a thank you. By the
way, I heard from Senator Ken Pruitt today and I feel that if we have him on
our side, then we have a very good chance. He is the Appropriations Chair
and also loves Civil War History.

I have included a new web address that will make it easier to send e-mails
to your legislators.

Updated letter from Barratt Wilkins, former state librarian - posted Monday.

And Don't forget to sign the online Petition. Today they are having some
technical difficulty due to the large volumes of email and also people from
out of the country wanting to sign. This is good. <G> So, they asked if you
could not get in today, keep trying.
http://www.floridahistory.info/petition/

I know many of you are probably tired of getting these updates, and I cannot
apologize. <G> But, I can honestly say that the e-mails appear to be working
for us. We must save the records and documents that preserves our family
history in repositories such as the State Library and Archives. We must do
all
that we can and not become complacent. We only have until March 4th.

And, please feel free to send this on to other lists.

Thank you.

Pam Cooper
FGS/FSGS 2003 Conference Co-Chair < http://www.fgs.org >
President, Florida State Genealogical Society < http://www.rootsweb