APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2003-02 > 1045683390

From: "Eileen Polakoff" <>
Subject: RE: [APG] I HOPE I won't fail, but... Word vs Pagemaker vs ...
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 14:36:46 -0500

My suggestion is to go back to Word Perfect. It was THE program of choice
for years for a very good reason... it works. The only problem I ever saw
was marketing... Microsoft owns the world so people switched to Word and
many are now cursing that decision. Why use a bazooka when a fly swatter
works just fine? (I recently published a 250+ pg hardbound family history
for a client with lots of photographs and used WP with no problems and
created a very nice index [names, maiden names, alternate names, places,
topics]with little or no grief.)

Eileen Polakoff
NYC

This thread: