APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2003-05 > 1052262638

From: Ray Beere Johnson II <>
Subject: [APG] Good News / Bad News
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 16:10:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi;
First of all, some of you have been kind
enough to be praying for my son; I owe a few of
you messages, and have been too swamped to get
back to you. Thanks, very much.
First, for the good news. Last night marked
the first contact with my son (in the Marines, in
Iraq, for those who don't know) since the war
started! Sixty second phone call. Hoo Rah! No
firm date yet, but they are coming home. Hoo Rah!
That lightens the sadness; as a descendant
of Ethan Allen Crawford's brother in law Heman
Howe (Heman's sister Lucy, Ethan's wife, wrote
the <History of the White Mountains> the Old Man
In the Mountain was almost like a member of my
family. I will miss him. And my condolences to
any of you who live in New Hampshire, come from
New Hampshire, or just love the White Mountains.
The rest of you can't understand.
Ray

=====
Ray Beere Johnson II - Genealogist