APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2003-05 > 1052356297

From: Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer <>
Subject: [APG] overhead transparency protectors
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 21:11:37 -0400

I went to my nearest office superstore last night to buy overhead
transparency protectors, and found that the only kind they had were the ones
with cardboard frames, which I preferred not to get into. The superstore
employee suggested regular sheet protectors as an alternative. I purchased a
box of them (clear, acid-free, archival quality) with the intention of
trying them out, but before I slip my 40 or so transparencies for my talk on
Saturday into them, I thought I'd check with the list and see if anyone
screams, "No, don't do it!"

Is there any reason why I can't use regular sheet protectors on my overhead
transparencies (e.g., they might melt under the heat of the overhead
projector light, etc.)? I don't plan to try to take them out of the
protectors, so sticking to the protectors won't be a problem.

And what has happened to the more manageable protectors (e.g., the 3M
flip-frame ones that I have only 12 of left? I checked the Web sites for the
other two office superstores today, and they don't show these, either. Are
they no longer being made, or do I just need to look someplace else?

Thanks for any help people can give me.

Christine

Christine Crawford-Oppenheimer
Hyde Park, NY