APG-L ArchivesArchiver > APG > 2003-08 > 1060042635
From: "Christopher T. Smithson" <>
Subject: [APG] Fw: Genealogy Videotape
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 20:17:15 -0400
Hi APG Members
Have any of you recieved a message from a Fred Walker about doing a Genealogy Videotape.
----- Original Message -----
From: Fred Walker
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 4:48 PM
Subject: Genealogy Videotape
Dear Mr. Smithson,
We would like to develop business with you. It involves sharing half of our fee with you for the production of a videotape about someone's genealogy.
Your part of the production would involve only the following:
1. You would provide us with the written narration describing the genealogy that a narrator would present as the "voice over" on the videotape; and
2. You would provide us with as many still photos as the subject may have and number them (on the back in pencil) to match the words in the narration.
Our part of the production would involve the following:
1. Secure generic photos and video that we would place in those parts of the video for which we have narration but no visuals to cover it;
2. Shoot the photos with emphases on movement and state of the art graphics and transitions, to keep the video from appearing to be a slide presentation;
3. Secure acceptable background music to contribute to the quality of the production value;
4. Edit together the videotape; overlay "voice-over" narration and music;
5. Secure approval of the accuracy and precision of the production;
6. Produce the appropriate number of copies; and
7. Arrange for the proper presentation either for personal showing or for showing at an event.
During the more than five years that MMV has been in business, we have produced or been involved in the production of significant videotapes. They involved such people as a Supreme Court Justice, Secretary of State, nationally-known personalities and numerous leaders on Capitol Hill.
Our fee for a basic video, as described above, is $1,000 -- $500 of which would go to you and $500 to MMV. If the subject wanted a more extensive videotape, we would also split that higher fee.
Please indicate by emailing me at your degree of interest in developing such business with us.
|[APG] Fw: Genealogy Videotape by "Christopher T. Smithson" <>|