APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2003-08 > 1061504205

Subject: Re: [APG] sobig virus
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 18:16:45 EDT

In a message dated 8/21/03 5:35:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

> For details on the worm and a removal tool, see
> http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/ type="text/javascript">DisplayMail('mm.html','w32.sobig.f');
>
> What I don't know is whether I should run the fix anyway. Could it have
> gotten into my computer before Norton's created a new definition for it
> and updated my computer?

I ran the fix, and it said there were no infected files on my computer.
Probably because I never open anything unless I know who sent it and what it's
about. (If any of you have sent me a message and not received an answer it's
probably because I delete, without opening, any e-mail from an address I don't
recognize unless the subject line pertains to something only my friends would
say!)

Apparently it will remain harmless unless I open something with an
attachment?

Thanks for the info, Joan!

Karen

This thread: