APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2003-11 > 1069726364

From: Mary Jane Smith <>
Subject: [APG] Re: APG-D Digest V03 #347
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:15:20 -0500

Connie -- Thank you so much for that illuminating discourse on searching
DAR. I look forward to trying your approach. Please satisfy my
curiosity: is your "Nat Turner" THE famous Nat Turner? I vaguely recall
reading a biographical history about him a number of years ago and,
although the details are no longer clear in my mind, I do remember enjoying
the read about this inspiring character.

Mary Jane

>Connie said --

>Researchers who want to use this material can go to the DAR Library in
>Washington, DC. In addition, the Genealogical Society of Utah has
>microfilmed some of the volumes and some of the volumes are deposited at
>State historical societies and genealogical libraries.
>

>A master index to the DAR GRC reports is being prepared and placed online
>at the Daughters of the American Revolution website, www.dar.org. There
>are almost 7,000,000 names in the index, and more indexes are continually
>being added.

Mary Jane Frances Smith,
Pres., NCAC/APG;
Independent Writer/Editor