APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2003-11 > 1069861549

From: Mary Jane Smith <>
Subject: [APG] Re: APG-D Digest V03 #349
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:48:21 -0500

Elizabeth Mills said:

Actually, we still don't have one of those <g>. But you sure gave me an
irresistible opportunity to alert others who use those wonderful
publications just occasionally and might never, ever expect how much is
missing!

Dear Elizabeth,

I understand, and might have done the same but didn't have the time to go
into all the details of the "selective" listings in those two works. I am
grateful for your comprehensive presentation of their
shortcomings. Nevertheless, for my purposes in my use of them thus far,
the books have served as good indexes and provided missing information that
made it possible for me to then locate marriage contracts and other
notarial documents for New Orleans families, including a number of people
classed as "creole." :-)

Mary Jane

At 05:56 PM 11/25/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Actually, we still don't have one of those <g>. But you sure gave me an
>irresistible opportunity to alert others who use those wonderful
>publications just occasionally and might never, ever expect how much is
>missing!

Mary Jane Frances Smith,
Pres., NCAC/APG;
Independent Writer/Editor