APG-L ArchivesArchiver > APG > 2004-01 > 1073952266
From: "Suzanne Russo Adams" <>
Subject: [APG] FW: UPDATED JOB POSTINGS AT MyFamily.com
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 17:04:29 -0700
For all those who are interested...
Suzanne Russo Adams, AG
Ancestry.com, Part of MyFamily.com, Inc.
Office :(801) 705-7996
Fax: (801) 705-7120
UPDATED JOB POSTING'S AT MyFamily.com
The following are updated job postings here at MyFamily.com. If you know any qualified candidates, please send resumes to . **Reminder** There is a referral bonus for those employees who submit candidates and we hire them!!
Audit Team Manager
The primary responsibility is to supervise the accuracy verification of digital indexes for Ancestry.com online content. Additional responsibilities are assuring quality, hiring, training and supervising part and full time staff, and creating and coordinating production schedules and forecasts.
3-5 years of Supervisory and management experience
B.S. Degree or equivalent experience
Meeting and creating project schedules
Preference will be given to candidates who exhibit attention to detail and have a background in genealogy and family history.
Position is full time and will pay commensurate with experience.
Applicants may send their resume to:
Attn: Spencer Woolley
360 W 4800 N
Provo, UT 84604
Fax : (801) 705-7035
Email : .
North American Content Acquisition Manager
· Responsible for identifying and obtaining rights to significant genealogical databases from private and public institutions (contract negotiations).
· Ability to travel frequently to attend conferences and to meet with potential data providers. Demonstrate software and website.
· Identify and communicate with strategic partners in the technical and genealogical field.
· Accept diverse assignments from time to time, such as setting up scanning operations with data providers.
· Will work extensively with people and departments inside and outside of the company.
· Reports to Director of Content Acquisition.
* Excellent negotiation skills and business acumen
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Task and goal oriented
* Knowledge of North American genealogy, genealogical community archives,
record depositories, an advantage.
Experience in contracts an advantage.
* Knowledge of Internet an advantage.
* Some Travel Required
* BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
* Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
This is a Management position. Candidate needs to be able to work with little supervision, and have excellent business skills and experience.
Data Analyst - Electronic Production
Perfect job for a recent college graduate or individual with similar data work experience. This position will utilize skills in SQL query, QA, and research as well as attention to detail. This position also involves database creation and manipulation.
Candidates will be evaluated and measured by their attention to detail. This will be the differentiating factor in this positions evaluation process.
Qualified applicants should have some experience with:
· Structure query languages, regular expressions, or a programming language which uses conditional clauses such as where, if-else, until, etc. Experience writing queries in MS SQL 2K/7.0 is preferred
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
· Experience using Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.)
· Ability to manage multiple responsibilities
· Background or interest in genealogy and family history is a plus.
Applicants can send their resume to:
Attn Echo King
360 W. 4800 N
Provo, UT 84604
Fax (801) 705-7991
**6 Positions** Part-Time Electronic Production Data Entry
MyFamily.com is seeking qualified Electronic Data Entry Production Specialists for permanent and temporary part-time positions.
This position entails viewing, editing and auditing original genealogical data and verifying accuracy of data entered. This includes the entry and editing of data from worldwide genealogical databases that will be digitized and included in the Ancestry.com on-line database offerings.
*Basic computer knowledge including Windows 95 / 2000
*Strong typing / data entry skills.
*Detail oriented and self motivated.
*Paleography skills helpful.
Shifts available: 8am - 12pm or 1 - 5pm Monday thru Friday.
Pay will start at $7.00 per hour, plus bonuses.
Please submit a resume and Windows 95 test results by faxing them to (801) 705-7991 or emailing them to < <mailto:> mailto:>.
(The Windows 95 test can be taken at Job Service located at 1550 N. 200 W. in Provo: 342-2622.)
This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. if you have received this communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and destroy this message if a facsimile or delete this message immediately if this is an electronic communication. Thank you.
|[APG] FW: UPDATED JOB POSTINGS AT MyFamily.com by "Suzanne Russo Adams" <>|