APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2004-07 > 1089467067

From: "Kenneth G. Aitken" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Projector?
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 07:44:27 -0600

Dan,
I'm going through this process myself rather cautiously. So far I have come
to a few conclusions
1. for most situations we lecture in 1200 lumens may be suffient.
2. replacement bulbs are costly. Figure somewhere between $400 and $600 for
the replacement.
3. portability is another issue I've looked at-- weight and a padded
carrying case. My employer still has some of those 25lb "boat anchor"
projectors.
4. I have not got around to looking for a review in Consumer Reports for
these projectors yet. But I will

Ken Aitken