APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2005-01 > 1105115495

From: "Ken Aitken" <>
Subject: RE: [APG] Re: HeritageQuest citation
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 10:31:35 -0600

Connie

I appreciated the examples you included in the posting on citing a heritage
quest source, but for some reason it troubles me-- I seem to think that
www.godfrey.org is insufficient to find the source.

What would you do if you were searching in person in person in a public
library that subscribed to HQ? You would not include the name of the
library, but you would include the full URL you accessed.

for example, here at Regina Public Library I located online a piece of
information pertaining to the legal activities of a family member in an
on-line full text database.
The following is the URL for the item
http://web2.infotrac-custom.com/pdfserve/get_item/1/S2004edw3_1/SB413_01.pdf

However, I could also find this same thing at the same source working online
from home by going to www.reginalibrary.ca
then going in the same way I did at work,

BUT www.reginalibrary.ca will not exclusively or automatically lead to the
source

Does this make any sense at all? It too cold in Saskatchewan for rational
thought, so my thniking may be a bit wonky here.

Kenneth G. Aitken
Prairie History Librarian
Regina Public Library
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada