APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2005-06 > 1119822463

From: Mary Jane Smith <>
Subject: Re: APG-D Digest V05 #186: Numbering System
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 17:50:17 -0400

Bea,

The NGSQ numbering system is clearly described in a small booklet by Joan
Ferris Curran: Numbering Your Genealogy: Sound and Simple Systems
(Arlington, Va.: National Genealogical Society, 1992; reprinted,
1995). Page 6 has a sample page from a portion of a compiled
genealogy. It would be fairly simple to make a template for yourself from
that, either manually copying the structure or scanning the page into your
word processing software, then deleting the data and substituting your
own. (If you copy the page and leave it on your system "as is," it would
be good to footnote the source for future reference.) The facing page
illustrates the Register System should you need that at some point. Hope
this helps.

Mary Jane

Am about to embark on a self-publication of my family history. Is there
software for the NGSQ Numbering System?

Bea

At 12:00 PM 6/25/2005, you wrote:
>Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 08:25:32 EDT
>Subject: Software Question
>
>Hi All:
>
>Am about to embark on a self-publication of my family history. Is there
>software for the NGSQ Numbering System?
>
>Bea

Mary Jane Frances Smith,
Genealogist;
VP, Natl. Institute of Genealogical Research Alumni Asso.;
Lineage Society Applications, Family Histories,
French ancestry/translations
<>

This thread: