APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2005-12 > 1136005496

From: "Debora Seemueller" <>
Subject: RE: [APG] How old were you when you started your genealogy? What got you started?
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 00:04:56 -0500

As a lurker this is the first time I have responded to this list! I was
about 12 and my grandmother, who I was very close to, was very interested in
family history and knew stories of her family and my grandfather's
(deceased). I always loved reading the old letters she had and looking
through the old pictures. It was a bond we shared. When I became an adult
she supported me in my early searches and I got a real "head start" because
I asked her questions when I had the chance. I do have many regrets because
even though I asked her many things, there are things today that I say "why
didn't I ask her that!".
My grandmother has been dead 23 years now and genealogy always makes me feel
close to her!
Debbie