APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2006-01 > 1138468966

From: Katherine Flynn <>
Subject: Re: [APG] National Archives in England
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 09:22:46 -0800 (PST)

Dear All,

I have found this website to be an absolute treasure
trove of information and original document scans. It
is unbelievable what they have achieved. They also
are coordinating cross-searching with all public
repositories in the UK so one can easily find that
there is document lying in the musty archives of some
small town in Yorkshire or such. I have made several
breakthroughs on this site that just five years ago
would have required a trip to London - a luxury out of
my range.

The past two years have brought enormous improvements.
I also love their tongue-in-cheek titles for sections
like their new "Who do you think you are?" for family
researchers which ties into a BBC programme.
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/familyhistory/bbc/default.htm

The whole site is a delight. And is always fresh with
new juicy gems.
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Thank you Joy for letting us know.

Sincerely,