APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2006-02 > 1139367572

From: Craig Kilby <>
Subject: Re: [APG] NJ Vital Records Access Threatened
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 21:59:32 -0500

Alvie, Joan and all:

I read that bill and also noted how all the interpretations were to be left
to the bureaucrats.

This reminds me once in the lounge behind the House of Representative's
chamber in Missouri. One older legislator was lamenting all the laws we
kept passing, and said we should just follow the bible and the ten
commandments, as that was God's word.

I said, "But what about Leviticus?"

Without skipping a beat he said, "Oh, that was just rules and regulations."

Craig Kilby
Lancaster, VA

on 2/7/06 7:27 PM, Alvie L. Davidson CG at
wrote:

> Hi Joan
> One must keep in the mind the old adage (or maybe a new one) "It is not what
> the law or statues says when it is signed by the governor, it is how the
> lowly clerks choose to interpret it".
>

> Alvie L. Davidson CG

This thread: