APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2006-03 > 1141855616

From: Barbara Bennett <>
Subject: Re: [APG] SS-5 copies
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 14:06:56 -0800 (PST)

The "paper" SS-5s are on microfilm.

bob gillis <> wrote:

bob gillis

Alvie L. Davidson CG wrote:

>It is just like the SSDI and the SS-5 form. Several years ago I was able to
>get a SS-5 form copied for free and now it is $27.

The genealogical supplier for the SS-5 is the Social Security
Administration. When could you get a copy of an SS-5 copied for free?

I don't know what is involved in making copy of the SS-5 but if they are
not in a computer files, the $27 cost is not unreasonable. A person has
to go to a paper file, pull the SS-5, make a copy, type an envelope and
mail it and then return the SS-5and the request letter to the file..

bob gillis