APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2006-03 > 1141858011

From: "MJ Mann" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Re: Godfrey Library
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 17:46:51 -0500

Just to follow up on what Joy said,
Bruce Tyler, Chairman, Godfrey Library Board of Trustees wrote a
rather long message to the Godfrey list this afternoon.
One interesting part ...
>>As much as we want to, we will not be able to offer the New York
Times. ProQuest wants us to pay over $110,000 a year for that
newspaper alone, and we simply can not afford it. <<

I just checked my local library, which had been offering the NYTimes
remotely .... it's now only available in the library!
A sign of things to come??

Maureen

On 3/8/06, Joy Rich <> wrote:
> Godfrey Library Director Richard Black sent an e-mail to members last week telling us that the Godfrey's
> current subscription to ProQuest's historic newspapers is up and that ProQuest is increasing the subscription
> price by 1,500% over last year's price. I imagine we'll all be curious to see which organizations we're
> members of will be able to afford the new price.
>
> Joy Rich
> New York Metro Chapter

This thread: