APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2006-07 > 1154208876

From: Joan Lowrey <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Re: Changes at Ancestry
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 14:34:36 -0700 (PDT)

Richard,

I wonderered about that, too, but I made a correction to the name last January and that is posted now, so if they can change a name on the 1880 census, they should be able to change a place spelling. (I see now that I misspoke before -- since I made that change in January, I obviously *did* view this family at ancestry.com before.)

I'll try notifying the Family History Dept at SLC and see if they will do anything.

Joan Neumann Lowrey
La Jolla, CA

"Richard A. Pence" <> wrote:
"Joan Lowrey" wrote:

> OK, ancestry is excused this time, but whether they would fix the
> problem or
> not is another question.

Joan, I guess the real question is whether Ancestry.con can actually
make corrections to this database or if they have to be made by the
Family History Library - and if it will make changes.

Richard

This thread: