APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2006-11 > 1164236646

From: "James Brady" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Medical School in 1835?
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 18:05:09 -0500

Terry,

You might try contacting some of the local medical societies in the areas
where he practiced to see if he was a member and if they still have their
early records.

Can't speak to the practices in those states, but NY regulated the practice
of medicine as early as 1760. By 1806 the legislature allowed county medical
societies to form. Those societies were empowered to grant medical licenses.
Maybe it worked similarly doen there?

Jim