APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2007-01 > 1169055045

Subject: Re: [APG] Whippersnappers
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 12:30:45 EST

In a message dated 1/17/2007 10:16:04 AM Central Standard Time,
writes:

As someone who fits into the whippersnapper category, I ditto what Christine

Sweet-Hart has said. Overall and in many ways the field is not conducive or
supportive to the lifestyle of the vast majority of us under 40 - nor is the
field always accepting when we have views and opinions that differ from the
'older' participants in the field.

In addition, while some members in the field have been incredibly supportive

and encouraging there have been others who seem to resent and/or reject the
ideas and suggestions that come from us young whippersnappers simply because
of our 'young' age. Our 'young' age does not necessary equate to lack of
experience.

Allison,
Were these ideas or opinions dispersed on the APG list or through other
venues? I would be interested in hearing a couple of examples (short-form).

Rondina P. Muncy
Grapevine, Texas

This thread: