APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2007-02 > 1171229382

From: Carolyn Earle Billingsley <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Genealogy Strawman; NOT licensing
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 15:29:42 -0600

Y'all stop writing about this under this subject
line, hear?! You've totally gone on to another
topic and need to re-name it "Licensing" instead
of co-opting the topic as it was begun! Regards, Carolyn

At 03:21 PM 2/11/2007, you wrote:
>Dee Dee, Drew, and others: I understand your
>concerns. I don’t believe our industry is
>ready for licensing… but I believe it is
>coming, and we need to be ready for it. Isn’t
>it interesting, genealogists want to be
>regarded as professionals, but they don’t want a

Carolyn Earle Billingsley, Ph.D.
2100 Pleasant Grove, Alexander, AR 72002-9154
Telephone and Fax: 501.847.0114
Communities of Kinship: Antebellum Families and
the Settlement of the Cotton Frontier (University of Georgia Press, 2004)
http://home.earthlink.net/~cebillingsley/

This thread: