APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2007-02 > 1172441920

From: "Elizabeth Shown Mills" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] book recommendation
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 16:19:16 -0600

Debbie wrote:
>Thanks, Elizabeth. I'm going to order the book as soon as I get my credit
card out. I have Sharon DeBartolo Carmack's You Can Write Your Family
History, but this sounds like it has a different approach and different
types of information than hers so it would be good for me to have more than
one book on the subject so that I have all related topics covered.

That's a great philosophy, Debbie. You might also check out Patricia Law
Hatcher's _Producing a Quality Family History_ (Salt Lake City: Ancestry,
1996), which _ProGen_'s Library chapter flags as a "Basic Shelf" book for
professionals.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Shown Mills, CG, CGL, FASG
_Evidence! Citation & Analysis for the Family Historian_
_QuickSheet: Citing Online Historical Resources Evidence! Style_
Editor, _Professional Genealogy: A Manual for Researchers,
Writers, Editors, Lecturers, and Librarians_
_Isle of Canes_ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_Canes)
"You may never look at American History the same way again"
---_Historical Novels Review_

P.S.
All the underscores are for Tom Morris, who's been doing e-mail since the
typewriter era when people who wanted to scream at their reader or emphasize
a book title drew a big dark line under it. That big black line was ugly but
at least it didn't get lost in a sea of hyphens, en dashes, em dashes, and
URL underscores :).

This thread: