APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2007-08 > 1186685718

From: "Connie Bradbury" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Saving/Filing Obituary Cippings
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 10:55:18 -0800

When I was processing a collection of a former political figure from the
early 1900s in Alaska, the collection contained dozens and dozens of copies
of telegrams, not to mention the hundreds of newspaper clippings. We had to
put acid-free sheets of paper between every telegram. It was interesting to
see what the paper the telegram was printed on did to the papers next to
it. In some cases I had to photocopy those papers to preserve the contents,
leaving the damaged papers in protective sleeves. The archivist said that
over time the originals would disintegrate because of the damage the
telegram paper did.

Makes me wonder what the telegram paper was made out of.

Connie