APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2007-10 > 1191712052

Subject: Re: [APG] Citations Re: I hope its ok if I ask you some generalquestions?
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 19:07:32 EDT

In a message dated 10/6/2007 5:42:39 PM Central Daylight Time,
writes:

I believe what is really at issue is the definition of "full citation,"
rather than who or what is "professional" or not. I think the
discussion would go better if we focused on the citation issue. When
you bring in the loaded word "unprofessional," it turns into a personal
argument rather than an academic discussion. Surely that is
counterproductive?

Carolyn,
I wouldn't disagree with your opinion that the discussion should turn to
one about what should or should not be included in a citation since,
apparently, that was part of Debbie's question. However, the original post has not come
through to me yet. (Perhaps Debbie would repost the question.) I'm afraid
that I am one who does hold the accuracy of citations to a high standard. I also
believe that members should be made aware of their obligation when they signed
the Code of Ethics, even though I would assume any activity that did not meet
APG standards was done with no intention of breaking the Code.

Rondina

Rondina P. Muncy
Lone Star Genealogy
2960 Trail Lake Drive