APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2007-10 > 1191712052

Subject: Re: [APG] Citations Re: I hope its ok if I ask you some generalquestions?
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 19:07:32 EDT

In a message dated 10/6/2007 5:42:39 PM Central Daylight Time,

I believe what is really at issue is the definition of "full citation,"
rather than who or what is "professional" or not. I think the
discussion would go better if we focused on the citation issue. When
you bring in the loaded word "unprofessional," it turns into a personal
argument rather than an academic discussion. Surely that is

I wouldn't disagree with your opinion that the discussion should turn to
one about what should or should not be included in a citation since,
apparently, that was part of Debbie's question. However, the original post has not come
through to me yet. (Perhaps Debbie would repost the question.) I'm afraid
that I am one who does hold the accuracy of citations to a high standard. I also
believe that members should be made aware of their obligation when they signed
the Code of Ethics, even though I would assume any activity that did not meet
APG standards was done with no intention of breaking the Code.

Rondina P. Muncy
Lone Star Genealogy
2960 Trail Lake Drive
Grapevine, Texas 76051