APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2007-11 > 1194037730

From: "Daniela Moneta" <>
Subject: [APG] Regarding a fellow APG member
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 14:08:50 -0700

Kathy,

I agree with you completely. You are the voice of sensibility.

Thank you,

Daniela Moneta, CG
Phoenix, Arizona

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 18:36:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: Katherine Flynn <>
Subject: Re: [APG] APG Membership Directory Spammed?
To: "'APGListserv'" <>

Dear APG List,

In my opinion I believe that the fact that Mr. Hamock is a member of the
APG would mitigate any legal claim that there is no pre-existing business
relationship between him and another APG member. (FTC rules cited
previously)

IF an APG member feels another APG member has violated APG rules then
there is a clear formal process on the APG website to file the complaint(s).

But I would fervently hope that I would be approached directly FIRST by a
fellow APG member and offered an opportunity to explain, respond, supply
redress... if they felt I was non-compliant or in violation.

Most respectfully,
Kathy Flynn, CG

Katherine Flynn <> wrote:
I am replying to the whole list.

I am a member of the APG and I DID not receive this e-mail ad. I am on
Rootsweb a gizzillion times in at least 4 mailing lists/query boards on
counties in Ireland. I have bought two previous books in this series from
Flyleaf Press as well.

So, while I do not know where this advertiser got Joy's e-mail it was most
certainly NOT from a mass cull of Rootsweb or APG.

May I ask if anyone has just written this author (who has written a genuine
genealogy book from a respected publisher AND who is a member of APG) and
asked him where he got your e-mail address and asked him to please remove
you from his future mailings? I believe you will get an honest answer to the
first and compliance to the second. Why are we so quick to assume that an
APG member is purposely doing something "wrong"? Let us seek first to
understand.

Most, most sincerely,
Katherine Flynn, CG

Checked by AVG Free Edition.