APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2007-11 > 1194102597

From: "Barb Wylie" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] www.genealogybank.com
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 10:09:57 -0500

I think GenealogyBank is one of the best research resources available to me.
If you've been paying libraries and genealogical societies $10 to $20 to
obtain one obituary, GenealogyBank will soon pay for itself.

My one caution is that, while the newspaper collection includes many, many
city newspapers, it doesn't yet include many rural areas. You can see a list
of GenealogyBank's sources without subscribing. They also offer a one month
subscription if you'd like to try it at a modest cost.

Barbara Brixey Wylie
Representative, Lone Star Chapter, APG