APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2007-11 > 1194930261

From: "Richard A. Pence" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Punctuation, vertical lists
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 00:04:21 -0500

"Elizabeth Shown Mills" <> wrote:
> With regard to your first paragraph and its question, I can't answer it
> because all you give is the last word of the paragraph. The punctuation
> hinges upon whether that last word, "children," represents the last word
> in
> a full sentence or whether it's the last word in a phrase that is not a
> complete sentence.

My apologies for not making my question clear, but "Children:" (not
"children") stands by itself. It follows a period at the end of the last
full sentence of the paragraph, e. g., "Charles and his second wife were
divorced in 1901 after she cracked him over the head with a large iron
skillet; he was in the State Hospital during the 1910 census. Children:"

There follows a list of his children, each numbered.

Richard

This thread: