APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2007-11 > 1194985748

From: Ruy Cardoso <>
Subject: [APG] Re: Punctuation, vertical lists
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:29:08 -0800 (PST)

In leafing through _Massachusetts and Maine Families
in the Ancestry of Walter Goodwin Davis_, pretty much
all his lists begin with items like "Children:" or
"Children, born in Kittery:" or sometimes even
"Children:--". Given that the Davis books were
printed from 1916 to 1963, I find myself wondering if
the style guides have changed since that time period.
If so, I'll take that as another indicator of the
arbitrariness of some of the rules we're discussing.

Ruy Cardoso