APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2007-11 > 1194986671

From: "Elizabeth Shown Mills" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Punctuation, vertical lists
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 14:45:10 -0600

Ruy wrote:
> I find myself wondering if
the style guides have changed since that time period.
If so, I'll take that as another indicator of the
arbitrariness of some of the rules we're discussing.

Sorry, Ruy! You've lost this as an "indicator of the arbitrariness of some
... rules we're discussing." :) The grammar rules Walter Goodwin Davis
followed with that construction still hold today. In fact, as I try to
recall the various rules we've discussed, I can't remember one that has
changed--although there are definitely some changes we *haven't* discussed!
(Things like deleting the comma before "Sr.," "Jr.," and III," in writing
names.)

Elizabeth

This thread: