APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2007-11 > 1195159025

From: "Linda Woodward Geiger" <>
Subject: Re: [APG] Use of "County"
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 15:37:05 -0500

Michael I will echo your comments encouraging the use of "County" and
"Township" with place names. Georgia has 159 counties and nearly all of the
county names are duplicated as the name of a city or community. The
community or city is almost never located within the county with same name
(e.g., the town of Jasper is in Pickens County and not Jasper County).
Linda
-----------------
Linda Woodward Geiger, CG, CGL
10718 Big Canoe
Jasper, Georgia 30143
www.SavePickensCourthouse.org
www.woodward-geiger.com
www.WoodwardsWeSearch.com
www.RIGSAlliance.org

CG, Certified Genealogist, and CGL, Certified Genealogical Lecturer, are
Service Marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogists used under
license after periodic evaluations by the Board.