APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2007-11 > 1195415523

From: Jeanette Daniels <>
Subject: Re: [APG] BA in Genealogical Studies at Akamai University
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 11:52:03 -0800 (PST)

LaWanna:

Thank you for the explanation. I did go back to relook at your university site. I still don't see any genealogy classes. Are you able to view more than someone who is not connected with the university? LaWanna wrote: "On page 9 of the 28 pages we stated The Academic major: Genealogical Studies required is 39 credits. This is the normal amount for a major at the Bachelor Degree. The other required courses are GEN 200 which is Kinship Theory which will be taught by Dr. Billingsley, and ILT: 331. Then I go on to say that there are the the other areas that are required. Court records, military research, immigration research and library and government documents. I am having the president include the statement on our website now. GENEALOGY COURSES AT AKAMAI ARE UNDER DEVELOPMENT." I couldn't find page 9 of 28 pages. How can I read this? This might clear up my questions. You are assuming that I can read the same things that you are referring to?
Where are they on your site?

I see nothing about a Bachelor Degree. Only an Associate of Genealogical Studies degree is partially described. Do you have a better link to your site?

Thanks,

Jeanette