APG-L Archives

Archiver > APG > 2007-11 > 1195445795

Subject: Re: [APG] BA in Genealogical Studies at Akamai University
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 23:16:35 EST

Gordon Harmon wrote::

I am not clear as to how obtaining one's CG from the BCG can be used for
college credits. Can someone explain the logic and academic standards behind
this? Is there a precedence to this? What is the position of the BCG on
this?

There's no relationship whatever between certification and college credits,
and there's no reason I can see why BCG should have a position on the matter.

However, I can foresee problems of the sort faced by a friend of mine some
years ago. He took and passed the CPA examination before completing his
bachelor's degree in accounting. His faculty adviser, who had taken and failed the
test, made the rest of his senior year extremely difficult, but he weathered
it and went on to a successful CPA career and partnership in a firm.

Donn Devine, CG, CGL
Wilmington, Delaware, USA

CG, Certified Genealogist, CGL, and Certified Genealogical Lecturer are
service marks of the Board for Certification of Genealogists, used under license
by board certificants after periodic evaluation, and the board name is
registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office.